Thursday 10 March 2016

Everything Matters!


P.S.  “I am joining the Ariel #ShareTheLoad campaign at BlogAdda and blogging about the prejudice related to household chores being passed on to the next generation.”
 
 
 

Prejudices are preconceived opinions that are  not based on reason or actual experience. It may be favourable or unfavourable. Prejudices are unreasonable feelings, opinions, or attitudes, especially of a hostile nature, regarding an ethnic, racial, social, or religious group. In India we are have so many prejudices as household works are to be done by  female members only. They acts like a devil in our community. If my child had prejudice in his head, I'd be ashamed. I would see it as my failure as a parent.  
Actually when I was a kid my grandmother always pushed me to wash clothes or help my mother in cooking or moping the floor etc.  my brother always took interest in cooking but she never allowed him to cook. She used to say that household chores should be completyed by female members only. Whenever I used to study or watch a documentary in T.V, she always interrupt and shift me to household work as cooking or laundering. What should we call it? Is it woman's fate or prejudices. I should tell that we should share the load of household chores jointly. Yes, we woman should campaign about it. There are simple solutions nowadays. As ARIEL powder is there anyone male or female can wash clothes easily with it. It has all cleaning solutions. Our clothes shines as new washed by female or by male member. There are so many readymade cooking masala powders and ready to eat packets in the market. Those male who have little knowledge, they can also cook with these ready masala varients. 
After completing my college, I got married. My life took U turn. Me and me only had to accomplish all household chores. When I became pregnant, my doctor told me to do bed rest. But my mother in law insisted that I have to finish my house work and then only I can go to rest. My husband was also not allowed to help me anyways. It was height of prejudices and in 23 months I had a abortion. Then only I was strict in my next pregnancy and gradually convincedv my in laws to share the load of household work.  
I have now 2 children and both are expert in indoor and outdoor works. These traditional gender differences has taken a back seat . I am proud of my children. I have already laid a foundation stone on these prejudices and Change is in offing

No comments:

Post a Comment