Saturday 14 March 2015

Pessimism to Optimism!

Ninety thousand, two hundred and thirty three days. That’s how many days that I have to choose from. How could I pick one that’s my most memorable one.
The day I turned sweet sixteen and met my first love? The day I bought my first pet? The day I won a prestigious award? The day I won the best student award? The day when my daughter taught me so many rules to avoid pessimism?
I have narrated this incident on countless occasions as it really made the difference in my life. I was walking from mountains to valley. In the meantime I saw a monk working in the field. I went near to him and we talked to each other for a while. Then I asked him, Can you tell me the way to the village in the valley and what it is all like? Then he asked me that the way I am coming from was what type? I answered, “Terrible” I slept on the dirty places on the raw earth, nobody can understand my language and no vegetarian food. The weather was also not so good. The monk replied that the way to village I am going is as much the same. Then I lie down in the field under a tree to have a rest and closed my eyes.
In the meantime to my surprise my friend came from the same place of my village and he asked the same question to the monk.  The monk asked him how was the way he is coming from?
He told that he is coming from the same place I have come. He replied that he enjoyed the way till now. “It was really Awesome” the man replied, Nobody can spoke my language but I communicate using my hands, eyes and expressions of my face. I slept on dirty floor but it was so cool and gave me a good sleep. I ate their local food, some sort of stew. I enjoyed their local conditions and it was my best experience of my life. The monk replied that the way to valley is as much the same.
I had heard the talks between my friend and the monk and learnt the lesson that Our life depends ten percent what happens to us and ninety percent how we respond to our situations. We should not allow hard time and challenges of life to take away our happiness and joy. We should always be optimistic.
We can make out lots of reasons to be miserable. At the same time there are many-many reasons to be happy, joyful and enthusiastic if we retain optimism and right attitude.

https://housing.com/in/pg

Twitter: @manju_modi















1 comment:

  1. The Indian realestate market is very good here. brilliant information, great blog, gratitude for the in order on real estate ats allure

    ReplyDelete